|Epic Mod v1.1a - File Description
| Tech: 10 |
Overall Rating: 10
Introducing a newly updated version of Kiedjor's highly anticipated Epic Mod
This mod was previously known as the superminimod. But, due to problems it was reworked from scratch. This mod includes various new and exciting gameplay features. New ships included are the Destroyer class, Battlecruiser class, and a Titan class.
Highlights of this new version of the Epic Mod include - Universe At War gameplay: Independent worlds now fight each other and you for universe domination! Captial Ships, except the light cruiser for each race, need to be unlocked by captial research in fleet logistics research section. To unlock them you need to research Cap supply to get more captials to choose from. The last cap supply research is the titan.Will you rush for the titan or get better technologies? You decide!
There is also reduced cost of all vanilla captials in terms of resources, credits, supply, and built time has been cut by half making imperial expansion much quicker
- Reworked the rate of fire on most ships to reduce lag and boost performance.
- Upped the supply for fighters that are jump capable to reduce lag.
- Fixed the ability on city planet to remove antimatter and not make ship's Antimatter go negative.
- Fixed Skirmished vessel to correct cost and build time.
- Took out the rough fighter movement to be more tested(will be added in later).
New defences for each race:
- Advent can plant outposts on asteroids in their gravity wells and is also equipped with shield regenerating devices
- The Vasari have hangers that can deploy gunships and also deploy fast acting fighters or bombers to protect the hanger
- The Tec can create a huge battlestation that can destroy, disable and enhance ships in the gravity well.
Gravity well has been increased as well as asteroids and capturable ones too. A rough fighter like movement for frigates and cruisers has been added its not perfect but it does add some more action to the battles. Captials also has been buffed and also the strikecraft they can carry. Research also has been expanded and for tech they dont have lasers but 4 research techs devoted into enhancing gauss type weapons.
This mod also includes merges with other mods:
- MANSHOOTER's Volumetric Explosions & Damage Effects Mini-mod v1.0 MERGED with Bailknight's Effects Mod 1.3 (updated for newest patch by Annatar) with slight tweaking to suit this mod
- The Sin's Plus Addon by UZII has been added the abilities are different to fit the Epic Mod style
Future plans is adding ability trees that is connected to research. If you research one path a weapon of that path will be unlocked to use.
Just recently a way for independeent worlds to invade other independent worlds has been added. Like a constant struggle within the scenario. The stations that are with these worlds can spawn 3 types of cruisers to also aid their quest. It looks really cool and solid. It is planned to release this in next patch. Ther is some balancing to do because the AI seems to have some trouble repelling them off. More to come in the future!
Also added is a Wave System when you kill defenders protecting the planets (npcs) theres a chance it will spawn another wave to defend the planet. When you kill the last wave it will spawn a boss type unit (boss has not been implemented yet). When you kill, you will be given extra experience to your captials and resources.
Please read the installation instructions and the readme for further information!
| || || |
|Epic Mod v1.1a - Screenshots |
| Screenshots: |
|Epic Mod v1.1a - File Download Options
Primary Download Locations:
| || Name: |
| Worldwide Mirror by FileFront |
| || || |
|Epic Mod v1.1a - Readme |
| Readme File: |
Last updated at: 12/15/08
Epic Mod v1.1a
Epic mod is made by Kiedjor and graphic addon by MANSHOOTER's Volumetric Explosions&Damage Effects Mini-mod v1.0
MERGED with Bailknight's Effects Mod 1.3 (updated for newest patch by Annatar) and with my own tweaking.
Also, Partial of Sin's Plus by Uzii has been added the planet's abilities are different.
I redesigned the abilities on the sin's plus. Only Sin's Plus planets has this.
Each Sin's plus planet except paradise and oceanic has the same abiltiy and barren and swamp has the
The vanilla planets has not been altered.
How to Install: Extract the .zip folder put it in your sins of a solar empire mod folder
located at: C:Users(your name)AppDataLocalIronclad GamesSins of a Solar EmpireMods
Universe At War gameplay: Independent worlds now fight each other and you for universe domination!
Captials except the lght cruiser for each race needs to be unlocked by captial research in fleet logistics research section.
To unlock them you need to research Cap supply to get more captials to choose from. The last cap supply research is the titan.
Will you rush for the titan or get better technologies? You decide!
Reduced the cost of all vanilla captials (resources, credits, supply, and built time by half).
Independent has been upgraded with fused captial parts, captial status
empowers them with abilities to enforced their terrority.
Pirates and Pirate base is now enhanced a titan can not solo the base alone.
Killing Pirate gauss defences (has abilities) will alert fleets nearby,
Consisting of nightingales and Dreads(boss) to defend the base.
New level threat system to indicate their strength ( this indicator will be in their name):
1.Reworked the rate of fire on most ships to reduce lag and boost performance.
2.Upped the supply for fighters that are jump capable to reduce lag.
3.Fixed the ability on city planet to remove antimatter and not make ship's Antimatter go negative.
4.Fixed Skirmished vessel to correct cost and build time.
5. Took out the rough fighter movement to be more tested(will be added in later).
1.Some icons are place holders and other images for zoomed out game play
this will be eventually added in.
Please give credit if you decide to use any part of this mod to the appropriate creators. Thanks!
MANSHOOTER:Volumetric Explosions&Damage Effects Mini-mod v1.0
Bailknight:Bailknight's Effects Mod 1.3 (updated for newest patch by Annatar)
Thank you IronCrad for making a awesome game and Stardock for publishing it!
Waits for expansions!
|Epic Mod v1.1a - User Comments
The following comments are owned by the user that posted them. SolarEmpireFiles is not responsible for their content.
Total comments: 48 | Last comment: 06-08-2012 at 08:35
Click the symbol to expand all comments (view full comments)
When posting comments, you must follow these rules:
The high interactivity of this site should be considered a luxury, not a right. If you cannot follow these simple rules, you can and will be warned or banned from the comments, site or the entire network for any period of time.
- No "Yay I got First Post!" posts, no exceptions and no matter what other content the post has!
- No Pornographic Material. Any sexually oriented imagery or links to such content will not be tolerated.
- No Warez or Illegal Software. This includes linking to software, posting about it, and suggesting to get it.
- No Cursing or Swear words. We encourage you to use our comment sections as a forum to debate files, news, etc., but please use proper adjectives to express yourself. We will not tolerate abuse upon another member or author.
- No Attacks / Retaliation of any kind against a member, or group of members.
- Please do not advertise for other sites or forums here.
- Maximum of 3 smileys per regular member.
Now enjoy yourself and behave!